COVID 19 Update: In the interests of keeping everyone safe and healthy during this time of uncertainty, we have taken our recruitment process fully online. We look forward to meeting you...virtually!
Remote/Flexible Work: This position may be open to remote work or flexible scheduling. Please let our recruitment team know your preference.
Goal: Utilize your proven ability to gather, understand and document business needs, translate them into requirements and implement them to provide valuable data solutions for our clients. In short, turn data into knowledge.
- Perform system integration, data transformations and reporting on specific client projects; work with business requirements analysts to identify and understand source data systems
- Map source system data to data warehouse models
- Build and test ETL processes using a variety of tools
- Be able to understand and explain data architectures such as operational, warehouse and virtualization
- Basic knowledge of R, Phython, or other statistical models
- Identify and create designs and architecture that help to make client system and business processes scalable
- Collaborate in a software development environment and work with common tools such as code repositories and group collaborations applications
- Exercise experience with commercial reporting tools and technologies (SQL Server Reporting Service, Power BI, Spotfire)
- Take your experience with the oil and gas domain, extract data and turn it into readable results for the end user
- Basic Knowledge of Big Data and environments such as Spark, Hadoop, Casandra
Contribute to our Culture:
- Collaborate in a team of cross functional members including subject matter experts, design, development and quality assurance
- Actively engage with existing company community initiatives and maybe initiate a few of your own!
- Be open to ask…and answer questions to grow your technical breadth and knowledge
Key Qualities We Value
- Genuine interest and curiosity in all things technical
- Aptitude and desire to learn a wide variety of domains
- Creativity in everything you do
- Honesty in your interactions with others
- Ability to solve challenging problems
- Desire to work in a team environment and bring something to the workplace culture
If you Value the Same
To apply, use the following link. Preference will be given to those candidates who are able to demonstrate how they have directly implemented and worked with technologies/projects listed in their application.
Come prepared to talk about your previous software project success and the key role you played.
This is a Calgary based position however it is open for remote work to anyone authorized for work in Canada.