1. How long have you been in the city you live in and what brought you there?
We moved from the Philippines 6 years ago and job opportunity is what lead us to stay in Toronto. We now stay in Ajax (East of Toronto) where we are close to nature but still a drive away from the busy city.
2. Where did you grow up?
I was born and raised in the Philippines but am of Chinese descent. My great grandfather moved from Fukien (China) to Manila where he started a sawmill business and grew his family.
3. What field of study/practice did you pursue?
I took up Computer Science major in Software Technology and started my career as a software developer.
4. What are your hobbies/interests?
I like watching comedy series and crime documentaries. I also love cooking and baking, if I have some time, being in the kitchen relaxes me since I love food. Food is one of the things I love about Canada, I get to eat a diverse amount of authentic food from around the world.
Aside from stuffing myself with food while watching tv, I try to stay active to keep up with my very energetic toddler. I hike and jog in the summer and indoor cycling during winter.
5. Tell us something fun/interesting not many people at work know about you!
I am quite boring and talentless :D Something that might surprise people is that I won a billiards tourney at my first job. Although I don’t play pool anymore, it is something I enjoy playing.
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
I have a long list of places where I’d like to travel to. If I must choose 1, maybe to Serengeti. I think it will be a very unique experience I’d like to watch the great wildebeest migration and just be in wild safari in person.
7. If you could have dinner with one person living or dead who would it be?
Definitely my mom. She passed away when I was 6 and I’d like to get to know her more.
8. If you had to eat one thing and one thing only for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This is tough! Maybe pork belly, I cannot resist the juiciness even if I consider it very unhealthy. It can either be grilled, fried with crispy skin or adobo (yummy Filipino/Chinese dish)
9. What are some things you’ve accomplished/are proud of?
I am proud that my husband and I were able to start a new life in Canada. As a mom, I am proud of my daughter, she never ceases to amaze me.
10. If you could achieve one thing in the next five years (big goal) what would it be?
I’d like to be able to finish a marathon.
11. What brought you to Arcurve?
A friend of mine referred me to Arcurve. I tried to apply a few times, but it was never the right time. When the pandemic hit, I was able to get a position as a remote employee working from Toronto.
12. What about Arcurve makes you want to stay? (Does it challenge you, help you grow in your role?)
The culture and people. Arcurve has a very supportive environment, everyone is always willing to help for me to achieve my career goals. I also have a good work-life balance since the focus is not only on project deliveries but also the wellbeing of the employees.