- How long have you been in the city you live in and what brought you there?
I’ve been living in Calgary for 1 year! Last summer, my family and I drove across Canada with our 2 cats from Toronto to Calgary. I decided to make the move because I was a new graduate looking for a new job and a new city to live in. From adventuring in the mountains to meeting people in the tech community, I’ve had tons of fun ever since I moved to Calgary.
- Where did you grow up?
I was born in the Philippines and moved to Canada when I was 5. I lived in the Greater Toronto Area for most of my life, and now I’m in Calgary!
- What field of study/practice did you pursue?
I have a Bachelor’s degree in Science and Business with a Biotechnology specialization. I was always interested in technology and science, but when I did my internships throughout my undergrad, I discovered that I wanted to do business/lead projects in the tech industry!
- What are your hobbies/interests?
I’ve been exploring the food scene in Calgary since moving here, and I like trying different coffee shops on my way to work! Aside from food, I like going to the mountains for a hike, kayaking, and skiing in the winter! I’ve also gotten back into martial arts and started kickboxing classes 😊
- Tell us something fun/interesting not many people at work know about you!
I looove chocolate, so I’ve been learning how to make my own bean-to-bar chocolates! I have a farm back home in the Philippines where we grow coconuts, cacao, and other fruits, so my goal is to make artisan craft chocolates out of the fruits from my family farm.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
Singapore or Japan! I visited Singapore 6 years ago and have been wanting to go back for the chilli crab and chicken rice (I’ve been craving these dishes for 6 years)!! Japan has been on my bucket list for years and I really want to go there with my friends.
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead who would it be?
I would have dinner with my grandma because I miss her. Back when I was in pre-school, she would always pick me up and we would grab snacks and go to the park together (maybe she’s the reason why I’m a foodie and love nature). I miss those days and would love to catch up with her and let her know how far I’ve come.
- If you had to eat one thing and one thing only for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ooooh this one’s tough…but I think I would go with bibimbap. I’ve been eating it a lot these days, so I think I’ll be able to eat it for the rest of my life.
- What are you passionate about?
Helping people and food. I love sharing good food with people 😊
- What are some things you’ve accomplished/are proud of?
Graduating university and joining the Arcurve team. University was a really tough time for me, but I made it and now I’m working at a great tech company!
- If you could achieve one thing in the next five years (big goal) what would it be?
Purchase my first property!
- What brought you to Arcurve?
When I moved to Calgary, I was looking for a tech company that would provide me with growth opportunities, and that was definitely Arcurve! I also wanted to get involved in Calgary’s tech community and noticed that Arcurve is very involved with community initiatives like YYC Tech Gives.
- What about Arcurve makes you want to stay? (Does it challenge you, help you grow in your role?)
The people and the culture. Every person I’ve met at Arcurve has been friendly and supportive. Arcurve truly does feel like a family that cares about who you are as a person and your personal growth.